- Hosted by: metapop
- Starting Date: Nov 17 2017
- Submission Date: Dec 19 2017
- Key: Various
- Bpm: Various
- Genre: Various
Metapop Found Sounds Challenge
Get more creative with your sampling and move out of your comfort zone.
In this challenge you will use sounds recorded using your phone or any other portable recording device and assemble that into a track. You are required to use at least one sound from each category:
1) Vocal (get permission where necessary!)
- Someone giving you advice
- A transaction at a store
- Yourself talking in a foreign language
- Some other out-of-your-comfort-zone audio of someone talking (get creative!)
- At home/at work/on public transport
- Any percussive sound you record yourself
Use one sound from each category and build into a finished track at least 30 seconds long.
To be considered for the prize you must include the raw, unprocessed samples at the end of your audio file, following your track.
For extra help see the Resources in the PDF.
When you’re done, upload the resulting track to the Found Sounds Challenge page for feedback and for a chance to win a Native Instruments store voucher.